It’s time to get your holiday baking on. To be able to work with Hershey’s and Reese’s to create a whole lot of goodies is pretty much a dream because I love everything about them. Check out all of these drool worthy treats that my friends and I have created!
Ooh-wee. We didn’t mess around.
I love peanut butter. I love chocolate. Together is the only way to go. The crust of this cheesecake is made with a peanut butter cup. It’s topped with a creamy peanut butter-y cheesecake. These are easy, impressive, and can totally be made ahead of time.
As with any cheesecake, a dollop of whipped cream is essential if you ask me. It cuts the richness and brings out the best in the cheesecake. To add a holiday flare just fold some sprinkles into the cheesecake batter. Nonpareils (round little hard sprinkles I used here) aren’t ideal because they’re crunchy and hard but it’s all I had on hand. You want a softer sprinkle. The ones folded into the batter ended up being okay and softened up but the ones on top obviously didn’t.
|Reese’s Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecakes|| |
- 16 Reese's peanut butter cups, regular sized (and additional for topping if desired)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- (optional) whipped cream
- (optional) additional chopped peanut butter cups
- (optional) sprinkles (preferably any sprinkle besides nonpareils)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place paper liners in a cupcake tin. Place one peanut butter cup in the bottom of each liner.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, and peanut butter and beat until combined. Fold in sprinkles if desired.
- Pour batter on top of each peanut butter cup filling each tin ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until set.
- Cool in the pan and then chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave and stir until creamy. Drizzle mixture on top of cheesecakes. You can either do this right before serving or ahead of time. If drizzled ahead of time place in the refrigerator to set. Serve with whipped cream and additional chopped peanut butter cups.
Make sure you check out these other wonderful treats…