I’ve got the hubby craving what I’m craving apparently. He made this Creamy Peanut Butter Ice Cream the same day I made these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars with Peanut Butter Frosting. We are on peanut butter overload over here.
I spotted these bars over at A Hint Of Honey. They’re chewy and hearty – full of peanut butter and oats. The top is frosted with a thin layer of peanut butter frosting. If you want more…go for it.
|Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars|| |
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add the egg and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and oatmeal and mix until well combined. Press into a 9×13 baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Mixture will be wet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting: Combine the butter, peanut butter, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl and beat until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and add the milk gradually until you reach the desired consistency. You may not need it all.
- Frost cooled bars. The frosting makes a thin layer for a thicker frosting you can double the frosting.