See’s Copycat Fudge

I’ve been searching for the perfect fudge recipe. Turns out, I’m somewhat of a fudge snob.

I love me some fudge. I used to be a purist. No nuts for me. But recently I’ve evolved into a nut lover.

For me the perfect fudge is sweet, creamy, but still holds it’s shape. Fudge always seems to be either too dry and crumbly, or too wet that you can hardly cut it into squares. The texture of this is perfect. It has a deeper flavor than some others that have tried with fewer ingredients.

It makes a full 9×13 pan that you can cut into really small pieces. Really I think you could fill a jelly roll pan with one batch but your pieces would be smaller. To be honest, I’m not sure how close it is to See’s fudge. I’m too busy eating their butterscotch squares. All I know is that it’s good.

It’s a whole lot of ingredients but it makes a whole lot of fudge.I’m sure this is breaking some child labor law out there but this is my 3 year-old stirring it all together. What? I can’t stir AND take pictures?I finished combining it all into this creamy result. Try not to lick your spoon.Breath.         Taking.Excuse me. I’ll be in a sugar coma on the couch.

See’s Copycat Fudge

Yield: 50 pieces

Ingredients

• 3 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 (7 ounce) container marshmallow cream (see Note for substitutions)
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups pecans or walnuts, chopped
  • 4 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk

Instructions

1. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil or parchment paper. This makes it easier to remove the fudge and cut it. This makes a full 9x13 pan of fudge so if you want shorter pieces you could use a bigger pan.
  2. Place chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, butter, vanilla, and nuts in large bowl. Set aside for later.
  3. Pour sugar and evaporated milk in a very large pot. You need a larger pot than you think because when the mixture boils is will expand a lot. Bring mixture to a boil and boil briskly for 7 minutes stirring continuously. Remove from heat and pour into the bowl containing the first mixture. Mix until incorporated completely. Work quickly because fudge will start to set up. Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate until set.
  4. Slice into squares and serve. You can prepare this ahead of time and freeze if desired.

Notes

Marshmallow Cream Substitute: 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream can be substituted with 4 cups of mini-marshmallows or 1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows which has about 40 marshmallows in it.

adapted from CdKitchen

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Print Friendly

Speak Your Mind

Comments

1. Hm. this sounds similar to the family recipe that’s been passed down forever. Some tips, though to avoid grainy fudge. 1) use a wooden spoon to stir the sugar mixture and stir everything together. 2) it works better if you measure the temperature, and it needs to cook to 173 degrees F. 3) work fast. That stuff will set up before you’re finished stirring everything together if you’re not fast about it!

2. Oh my does this look yummy! Definitely going to try this recipe :)

3. I would love to join you in the sugar-coma caused by this stuff! Wow–this looks incredible!

4. Sounds wonderful and easy to make.

5. Oh……See’s…….I so miss that! Mary is my hero! lol Dark nougats, almond squares, molasses chips, and the truffles……oh! It’s my first destination whenever we are on the west coast! :o) This fudge looks awesome! Thanks for the recipe!

6. test

7. This recipe is also similar to the one I’ve been making for years. Try adding just a pinch of cream of tartar towards the end when mixing in the marshmallow cream. I promise it will add a creaminess that really makes a difference! It was my grandmother’s “secret” ingredient. :-) Thanks for all of your fantastic recipes!

8. We just made a batch of this recipe this morning, and it is soooo yummy! It was so easy too, my three year old helped me with everything but the boiling sugar part :). Thanks so much for sharing, I’m excited to make some more with all sorts of different mix-ins :).

9. This has always been my go-to fudge recipe. The purists in my life have kept after me about
    this not really being a “true” fudge recipe because it’s not cooked on the stove with a thermometer.
    But, isn’t really?

Does it not make your mouth smile? Your tummy
    go yum yum? Then it’s fudge. Pure and simple.

10. I can’t wait to try this! Looks just like the original :)

11. This is FABULOUS! I love See’s fudge, and to be able to make it at home? YES!

12. I’m not particularly a fudge snob, but Christy.. I think after one taste of your See’s version… I may just become one. This looks hard to beat and SO lusciously creamy. And the 9×13 big batch pan would make this a perfect treat to bring to the holiday party I’m going to next weekend! Who doesn’t love fudge?!

13. How long does fudge keep in the refridgerator? I can’t wait to try this!

14. This looks exactly like my mothers recipe that’s over 30 years old. The only difference is we never used the cream, we always used the mini marshmallows. And my sweet mother would leave out the nuts on one batch so I could enjoy it (I never liked walnuts).

15. How long do you leave it in the refrigerator to set?

16. I got on your website looking forward to spending at least an hour to find the perfect treat to take to an exchange we’re having tonight. I was excited (and kinda disappointed) to see it as the first post! I LOVE looking through all your fabulous recipes. Thanks for making it so easy!

17. in using the white sugar, do you use granulated sugar or confectionary sugar

18. wow, this fudge looks incredible! i’m happy your fudge snobbery can benefit so many! :-)

19. Just got done making this. So, here’s my thoughts… use a pan that allows for about 2-3 times expansion of the evaporated milk/sugar once it starts boiling. I used my dutch oven. Melt the butter or make sure it is REALLY softened. You could even probably melt the chips too. Would make it easier when mixing the milk/sugar with the chips/marshmallow/butter. I also wondered if I could have just sprayed my pan instead of using parchment paper. Any thoughts on that? The parchment paper was hard to work with. And this was my first experience ever using parchment paper.

Thanks for the super easy, delicious recipe!!
    Angela

• @Angela, you could definitely just spray your pan but I find that when you line the pan with foil or parchment it makes it so much easier to remove the fudge and cut.

20. can you send me the recipe…it doesn’t show

21. Can you send me the recipe for this? For some reason I can’t see the recipe. Thanks!

22. The recipe is not showing up. Could you tell me how to get it? Could you e-mail it to me?

It looks delicious!

23. Lena Samplonius says:

I must be missing something. I don’t see the directions or ingredients for this fudge recipe. See’s copycat fudge.
    Could you email the info?
    Thanks
    Merry CHRISTmas

24. I cannot see recipe nor instructions either. Please email to me, also!! Looks wonderful! And please tell that precious little three year old trooper thank you for us all for stirring so you could take these yummy pics!

25. Can you please send me the recipe?
    Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

26. I don’t see a recipe. Please email it to me!

27. Can’t see the recipe or ingredients, had them when
    I first pinned, now they are gone, please help.

28. Kathy Beverly says:

I wanted the recipe for “See’s Copycat Fudge”, but I do not see it anywhere on your page. How do I access the recipe? Been trying everything for about 30 minutes and cannot get it.

29. I must be having the same problem as a couple of other people in their comments. I do not see the recipe itself. What and how much of each ingredient along with the instructions would be appreciated.

Please email me the recipe of See’s Copycat Fudge.

30. gail kirkwood says:

Where is the recipe, it only shows your comments and pictures?

31. where’s the recipe???

32. gail kirkwood says:
  33. I am with the others I cannot see the recipe

34. why cant i see the recipe?

35. Where is the actual RECIPE for this fudge??????????

36. I cannot seem to find the recipe for the fudge.

37. OK, where’s the recipe?? Pics are nice and all, but I want the recipe to come up and I’m just not finding it.

38. Photos are great. Fudge looks delicious and I like that it makes a lot but where are the ingredients????

39. I would like to try this but the receipe is nowhere to be found on this page. Just pictures no receipe. Thank you

40. When I first pinned this recipe I saw the directions/ingredients. They seem to have disappeared. What happened?

41. I want to make this fudge but I didn’t see the ingredient list or the amounts

42. Unable to bring up recipe!!HELP!!

43. Where is the recipe????

44. Karen McManus says:

Nothing special here…looks like all the ingredients of Kraft Marshmallow Cream’s Fantasy Fudge. Don’t worry, everyone, the recipe is on the jar.

45. The fudge in the photos looks great. Bet it would be even better if I could get the recipe to make it!!!!

46. would like the ingredients listed. I would like to make this but the ingredients was not listed or directions.

47. LOVE THIS FUDGE –it looks sooo creamy -can’t wait to try the recipe!!!

48. See’s is my favorite candies, but sure they’re pricey. I’m delighting to have this See’s fudge recipe & hardly wait to make and nibble…so delicously! Now all I need is recipe..PLEASE! Happy Holidays!

49. See’s is my No.1 favorite candies…so delicously, Can’t wait to make See’s fudge. Now all I need the recipe. Please! Happy Holidays!

50. Ok, so I see a lot of pictures, but nothing else. No recipe, no ingredients. I have a recipe myself that is supposed to be from See’s, and I wanted to compare it with this one, but there’s nothing to compare it with. I can see I’m not the only one wondering where the information is. Please do something?

51. Ok, so where’s the recipe?

52. Love fudge!! Would help a lot if you would list ingredients and directions so I can love this fudge, too.

53. Where are the list of ingredients and the preparation directions for the fudge?
    Thank you.

54. I’m with everyone else. There is no recipe to be found. I’ve clicked all the pictures, I’ve searched your site, I’ve clicked all the links I can find and it’s nowhere to be found. Something has happened to your recipe, m’dear. Could you repost, please?

55. This looks wonderful and I would love to try it! Can you share the recipe? Thanks so much!

56. I would love to have this recipe and could not find it. Could you please email it to me so I can make it this week for my birthday party for Jesus. Thanking you in advance. Merry Christmas. Faith Burke

57. I would love to have this recipe and could not find it. Could you please email it to me so I can make it this week for my birthday party for Jesus. Thanking you in advance. Merry Christmas. Faith Burke

58. Marla Dorsett says:

It seems others have found the recipe but I can’t. Will someone please post how to get the recipe? Thanks.

59. Can you send me the recipe for See’s copycat fudge. Not able to bring the recipe up. I have a copy, that my Grandmother had of See’s Fudge.

Paul Lofland

60. Bonnie Jernagan says:

Where is the recipe????

61. Iris Overholt says:

Sounds like a recipe I would love to try but can’t find the recipe.
    Please email it to me. Thanks

62. I would like this recipe. I don’t understand where it is. Some are getting it and others are not. Please email!

63. Can’t seem to nudge this PC to display the recipe? Sounds and looks wonderful and I’d love to make it for a Xmas party. Could it be emailed, please?
    Thanks so much – Happy Holidays!!

64. I see the pictures – But no recipe :(

65. Where is the recipe it does not show on the page.?

66. The pictures look delicious but I can’t find the recipe or ingredients anywhere. What am I missing?

67. The fudge looks great, but I don’t see any ingredients listed only pictures of wonderful fudge.
    Could you send me the ingredience list please?
    Thank you!!!

68. Tried to get the recipe but cannot find it. Want it. How do I get it? Thanks.

69. betty may aguirre says:

Can you please, send me the recipe?

Thank you, so much.

70. OK nice pictures, but where is the recipe……..

71. Here is the recipe I see on her post.

See’s Copycat Fudge
    Yield: 50 pieces
    Ingredients
    3 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 (7 ounce) container marshmallow cream (see Note for substitutions)
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
    2 tablespoons vanilla extract
    2 cups pecans or walnuts, chopped
    4 1/2 cups white sugar
    1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk

Instructions
    1.Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil or parchment paper. This makes it easier to remove the fudge and cut it. This makes a full 9×13 pan of fudge so if you want shorter pieces you could use a bigger pan.
    2.Place chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, butter, vanilla, and nuts in large bowl. Set aside for later.
    3.Pour sugar and evaporated milk in a very large pot. You need a larger pot than you think because when the mixture boils is will expand a lot. Bring mixture to a boil and boil briskly for 7 minutes stirring continuously. Remove from heat and pour into the bowl containing the first mixture. Mix until incorporated completely. Work quickly because fudge will start to set up. Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate until set.
    4.Slice into squares and serve. You can prepare this ahead of time and freeze if desired.

Notes

72. See’s Copycat Fudge
    Yield: 50 pieces
    Ingredients
    3 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 (7 ounce) container marshmallow cream (see Note for substitutions)
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
    2 tablespoons vanilla extract
    2 cups pecans or walnuts, chopped
    4 1/2 cups white sugar
    1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk

Instructions
    Notes

73. Sorry for the double recipe comment. I was having internet connetion problems.

74. Carrie lefevre says:

I have made this no once but twice since you posted it. I am in love with it. My husband and I ate almost the entire first pan, and I don’t think we’ll share much on the second pan either. If I’m going to gain 5 pounds this holiday season, there is nothing else I’d rather gain it on. Thanks for THE BEST fudge recipe ever!!!

75. Just finished making this and went exactly by recipe. It’s in fridge now. One question I have ;is it normal for it to look oily at first? I mixed everything real quick and thoroughly I thought before pouring in pan. Can’t wait to try it though.

76. I just made this recipe. It is wonderful and looks great too! Thanks!

77. that looks….. that looks……sooooooo gooooood!!!!!

78. I’ve made this twice, following the instructions to the letter, and it has failed twice. Not recommended…

• Sorry MaryAnn. What happened? I know fudge recipes can be touchy and it’s hard if I’m not in your kitchen with you to see what went wrong.

79. Can you half the recipe and just make it in a smaller 8×8 or 9×9 pan?

80. Made this for Christmas. I was a bit concerned because it looked dry and grainy – not creamy like yours. I cut some up for my cookie plate anyway. The taste was awesome and the only thing grainy about it was the appearance. I think next time, I will try dumping the chips, butter, etc into the hot pan. I think it started cooling off too fast.

81. I made this for Christmas and my aunt (who is 70 and a pastors wife…so she’s sampled a lot of fudge in her life) said it was the best fudge she’s ever eaten. I’ll definitely be holding on to this recipe.

82. Did someone say butterscotch squares? While this fudge does look positively divine, wouldn’t it be marvelous to be able to make butterscotch squares at home? I can dream, right? ;)
    But I will be making fudge this weekend!

83. Supposedly the recipe I have is See’s fudge recipe…Came from my mother’s good friend.
    It is almost like yours except it called for 3 – 6 oz. bags of Semi Sweet chocolate chips (18 oz.)
    and 4 1/4 cups of sugar. All other ingredients are the same.
    It also called to boil the sugar and evaporated milk 6 min. on a clear day and 8 min. if damp or raining outside. This is such a creamy yummy fudge :)
    See almost the same and I’m not sure if it’s the See’s recipe but it sure is the best I’ve ever had!

84. Kimberly Jones says:

I don’t suppose you would have a copycat recipe of See’s California Nut Brittle? That is flipping amazing!!!

85. This is the old Kraft Fantasy Fudge recipe, I have known for years how great it is,

86. Hi ,Just found you web site > I like all your recipes . I think some will be great for the coming holidays .This week our 2 granddaughters will be celebrating their birthdays . As a special surprise to take along i decided to make this fudge recipe,it looked so good /creamy. Sorry to say i had a bit of trouble that i would like to pass along to all your web friends. I did follow the directions exactly . First of all the substitute you gave for 40 large marshmallows{that i had on hand} will not work in this recipe. I dont know why but ,they seem to be to large to melt down,and {we ended up picking through the fudge & removing the chocolate coated marshmallow balls. Next time i’ll chose mini marshmallows or the marshmallow cream. 2. I believe the butter could be reduced to maybe 1 1/2 sticks ,our fudge is very greasy ,I patted it with paper towels to remove the excess butter. The fudge is still cooling ,so we haven’t tried it yet ,minus the marshmallows . I am hoping we will be able to eat it ,as i hate to wast all those ingredients . will send up date ,and yes will try again . hope this helps someone else.

87. This same recipe has been on the back of the marshmallow cream jar for years and years…. I am 59 and my dad used this same recipe when I was a little girl… The best fudge ever…sometimes I leave the marshmallow out to get that deep dark chocolate taste!!

88. I want to double this recipe………have you tried that & do you have any suggestions that might help me? Thanks for any advice you might give me & especially thanks for your recipe! I’m very anxious to try it.

89. Could you use all peanut butter chips in this recipe to make this a peanut butter fudge?