My son’s birthday is at the end of July and every year on his birthday it seems like we’re on vacation in a location where a birthday cake is hard to make.
On his first birthday, we were literally camping in the middle of nowhere so we made him a pyramid cake out of Twinkies.
This year I told him I would bake him any cake he wanted and I pulled up Pinterest so that he could pick one out. He picked this one. I’m pretty sure it was the M&Ms that got him.
I know it’s not rocket science…and not actually baking, but it sure makes the kids ooh and ahh. They don’t care if it takes minutes or hours to make. And since it’s the last day of National Ice Cream Month, here she is…
|Ice Cream Sandwich Cake|| |
- 15 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) bag M&M's (or chocolate candy of your choice)
- fudge topping
- Place 5 ice cream sandwiches, long sides touching on a flat serving plate. Spread an even layer of whipped topping over the top, making sure the whipped topping extends to outside edges for the best appearance.
- Sprinkle ⅓ cup candy pieces on whipped cream and drizzle with some fudge topping.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Cut with serrated knife.