Remember these Lasagna Cupcakes, well here’s the Mexican version of those.
Wonton wrappers make for perfectly sized pasta squares that can be layered in muffin tins with taco meat, beans, cheese, and crushed chips.
Seriously yummy, cute, and super fast.
|Double Decker Taco Cupcakes|| |
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package of Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 (16 ounce) can Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 36 tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour optional toppings: cream, diced tomatoes, cilantro, onion
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray 18 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Brown beef in a skillet and drain the fat. Add the taco seasoning mix and water called for on the package and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place one wonton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin cup. Layer about 1 tbsp of refried beans on top of each wonton. Crush one tortilla chip on top of the beans. Top with 1 tbsp of taco meat and 1 tbsp of shredded cheese. Repeat the layers again with a wonton wrapper, refried beans, tortilla chips, taco meat, and cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cupcakes from tin and top with your favorite taco toppings (i.e. sour cream, diced tomatoes, onion, or cilantro).