It happened. I’m finally full. Didn’t know it could actually happen. But it did. Have you ever eaten so much that if you ate one more bite you knew you would literally be sick? That was me last night. We had dinner and I checked my self control at the door. Shrimp, salad, and a filet topped with lump crab meat and butter sauce. For dessert, a piece of carrot cake that was as big as my face. Trust me, I measured as I was shoving it in my face.
If you want to be my friend, you have to love to eat. That’s why Heidi and I were such good friends. She made this one night for us at her house. So good and supposedly this is a knock off of the Chicken Con Broccoli from Olive Garden. I know I’ve been making a lot of pastas lately but hey, that’s the best part about running…carbo-loading the night before my long runs.
|Chicken Broccoli Alfredo|| |
- 2-3 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1-2 cups fresh chopped broccoli, cooked and hot
- fettuccine, cooked according to package directions. (I used penne because it's what I had)
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon (1 clove) minced garlic
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook chicken in method desired. I just cooked mine on the stove. Add chicken and broccoli to Alfredo sauce and heat through. Serve over hot, cooked fettuccine.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic with the butter. Add cream, garlic powder, and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Trust me, it will thicken. When sauce has reached desired consistency, stir in Parmesan cheese. Use for Chicken Broccoli Alfredo, or just serve as is over fettuccine. Serves 4-6.