|Grilled Coconut-Glazed Corn|| |
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbs. light brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 ears sweet corn, husked or husk stripped back and tied together to form handle
- Combine coconut milk, sugar, bay leaf, and salt in small saucepan over medium heat. Let simmer gently until sugar dissolves, 3 to 5 minutes. Taste for sweetness, adding more sugar if necessary. Remove pan from heat and let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Preheat grill to high. When ready to cook, brush grill grate clean and apply thin coat of oil to grate. Place corn on hot grate; start basting with coconut milk mixture after a few minutes. Baste several times as it grills until nicely browned on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side, 8 to 12 minutes in all, turning with tongs.
- Baste corn one final time, transfer to platter or plates, and serve.
Source: adapted Eater's Digest