This Perfect Apple Crisp is one that we claim as the best. It’s full of sweetened apples and a thick crumble layer. Serve it with some ice cream and you will be in heaven.
|The Perfect Apple Crisp|| |
- 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I used about 6 Granny Smith apples)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, nutmeg, and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples.
- For the Topping: Combine the oats, 2 cups flour, brown sugar, pecans, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.