This must be MAN food. I got a “Oh babe, this is good” from John and Austin asked for seconds which is unheard of. It was good but it’s not exactly diet friendly for this chick. It’s hearty for my growing boys. I saw this over on Taste and Tell. It was in the Pillsbury bake-off in 1978. It’s easy, easy, easy. Great for weeknights. I had to steal this picture before they finished the whole thing off.
|Zesty Italian Crescent Casserole|| |
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 6 oz. (1½ cups) shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 (8-oz.) can Pillsbury® Recipe Creations (or Crescent Dinner Rolls pressed together along the perforations)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. *I added salt and pepper here and a ½ tsp. of Italian seasonings. Drain. Stir in pasta sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine mozzarella cheese and sour cream; mix well.Pour hot beef mixture into ungreased 9½ or 10-inch glass deep-dish pie pan or 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Spoon cheese mixture over beef mixture.Unroll dough over cheese mixture. In small bowl, mix Parmesan cheese and butter. Spread evenly over dough.Bake at 375°F. for 18 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.