These Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars have layers of buttery cake mix and a coconut chocolate creamy filling.
Peanut Butter, chocolate, cake mix…how could this not be heaven. I have been making these for a couple years ever since I had them at my friend’s chocolate party. This are very, very rich. For me to say that is saying a lot. They are perfect for a PMS moment. Not that I have had any of those for 5 months. They are probably 10,845 Weight Watcher points! Decadent.
|Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars|| |
- 1 (18.25) package plain yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup coconut (optional...my sister did not like the texture of it in there)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer or spoon. Press the cake mixture into a 9X13 pan reserving 1½ cup of the mixture to crumble on top.
- In a small pot, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and coconut.
- Spread chocolate mixture over the mixture pressed in the pan and then crumble the 1½ cups of reserved cake mixture on top evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.