Sheri’s Pumpkin Bread – a tried and true favorite!
Things I love about October:
Target’s Halloween section
G-rated Halloween movies (the others are too scary)
Most importantly…all things pumpkin.
The reason the bread looks a little well done was that I was SABOTAGED by a 2 foot blondie named Brock. He’s notorious for playing with my oven buttons and turned my oven up to 400 degrees while it was baking.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup oil
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 3 cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3½ cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix egg yolks, water, oil, and pumpkin puree.
- Add sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and flour and mix well.
- Pour into three medium loaf pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Don't overcook. Wrap in saran wrap while warm.