Spookies and Milk
Thank you Crystal from Dangerously Delicious for sharing these Spookies & Milk!
Kids and parents alike will squeal when they see these Spookies & Milk displayed at your next Halloween bash! Nothing is more fun than eating chocolate dipped Oreos on a stick, dressed as your favorite Halloween goblin. Be sure to make enough because they’re gonna want to try them all!
I have to admit, I thought I was pretty clever coming up with the whole Spookies & Milk idea! You all get it, right? It’s a playoff on cookies & milk- (ok, you’re like yeah, yeah…duh. I got it Crystal!) I’m just making sure! Now that we made that clear, AREN’T THEY SO CUTE!? My kids fell head over heels when they came home from school and saw these cuties. They all immediately called out their cookie of choice and devoured them, along with the milk. They’re always my taste testers and idea inspirationers. I have to say, this was a fun one to reveal to them. They’re already begging me to make them again. Mom for the win with this idea!
The vampire bat is made up of a Double Stuffed Oreo dipped in semi-sweet chocolate, candy googly eyes, chocolate chips for ears, white frosting for the mouth, slivered almonds for the fangs and an Oreo cookie half broken in two for the wings.
The black cat is made up of a Double Stuffed Oreo dipped in semi-sweet chocolate and green M&Ms for the eyes. Using an edible black marker, draw the pupils. The orange nose is an upside down pumpkin sprinkle and pieces of Oreo cookie for the ears.
*Tip* Using Double Stuffed Oreos gives you more space for the stick to fit without breaking the Oreo. I recommend using Baker’s Chocolate Brand. It coats on thinner than candy melts and I find it has a lot smoother consistency than candy melts too.
Spookies and Milk
Nothing is more fun than eating chocolate dipped Oreos on a stick, dressed as your favorite Halloween goblin. Be sure to make enough because they're gonna want to try them all!
- Double Stuffed Chocolate Oreos
- Double Stuffed Golden Oreos
- 6- inch lollipop sticks
- semi-sweet Baker’s Chocolate squares (or candy melts, or candy bark)
- white chocolate Baker’s Chocolate squares (or candy melts, or candy bark)
- regular green M&Ms
- black edible marker
- pumpkin sprinkles
- white frosting
- candy googly eyes
- slivered almonds
- chocolate chip morsels
- 1/4 inch hole punch
- 1 1/2 inch hole punch
- To make the vampire bat, place lollipop stick into center of Chocolate Oreo. Melt semi-sweet chocolate and dip Oreo in melted chocolate allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place onto parchment paper. While chocolate is still wet, add googly eyes and insert 2 halved Oreo pieces into each side of bat for wings. Place 2 slivered almonds for fangs and add 2 chocolate morsels for ears to top of bat. Allow chocolate to set before piping white frosting to connect mouth with fangs.
- To make the black cat, place lollipop stick into center of Chocolate Oreo. Dip Oreo into melted semi-sweet chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on parchment paper. With edible black marker, draw pupils onto green M&Ms and place into chocolate. Place pumpkin sprinkle, upside down, in center of face for nose. Using the side of the Oreo without frosting, break into triangles for ears and place into center of Oreo at the top.
- For the mummy, place lollipop stick into center of a Golden Oreo. Melt white chocolate and dip Oreo in melted chocolate allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place onto parchment paper. Place 2 candy eyes into chocolate and allow to set. Using a rose tip, pipe white frosting back and forth.
- Place printables onto sticks before serving.