These S’mores Cups are from my cookbook, The Girl Who Ate Everything. They are bite sized graham cracker cookie cups filled with chocolate and marshmallow fluff!
I was at dinner with a bunch of food bloggers last month and we were discussing how we tend to get stuck in different phases when photographing our food. Sometimes we’ll go months only using the same white background for all our shots or use the same blue napkin under a plate. Just like Picasso had his blue period, painting essentially in only shades of blue and blue-green, all artists tend to stick with what is working for them for a period of time. Not that I’m Picasso,…but it’s comforting to know that these things trend in all people (even geniuses) and not just me.
People often wonder why every time I talk about my cookbook I close up like a clam and start rocking in the corner. Every time I see a picture from the cookbook I see chaos, panic, and stress. So I like to think of that as my “Frantic Period”. It all comes back to me. Setting the cookbook aside, it was a really tough time personally in my life and it just brings it all back. One day I would love to write another cookbook on my own schedule, with no deadlines. It’s done when it’s done. I’m pretty sure that only exists in a fictional world but it’s a nice thought.
Cookbook manuscripts are usually due 1-2 years before they hit the shelves. I made these S’mores Cups way back in 2013 and as my book was in the process of getting published (released September 2014), I started seeing other bloggers come out with versions of these and I was mortified that they would think I copied them. Ahhh!!
These are graham cracker cookie bites filled with marshmallow cream and chocolate. Really a bite of heaven!
These S'mores Cups are from my cookbook, The Girl Who Ate Everything. They are bite sized graham cracker cookie cups filled with chocolate and marshmallow fluff!
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff/creme
- 2 (1.55-oz.) Hershey's chocolate bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients a little bit at a time until just incorporated. Gently stir chocolate chips into the dough.
- Spoon marshmallow fluff into a resealable plastic bag and snip off the corner.
- Press 1 rounded teaspoon of dough into each muffin tin. Pipe a teaspoon of marshmallow fluff on top of the dough in each muffin tin. Take a teaspoon of dough and flatten it in the palm of your hand and place on top of the marshmallow fluff, repeating with remaining cups.
- Bake cups for 7-9 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Let cups cool for 3-4 minutes in the muffin tins and then gently press one Hershey's chocolate square on top of each cup. Continue to let cool in the pan. Remove and serve.
Source: My cookbook - [url = "https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1462114040/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1462114040&linkCode=as2&tag=thegirwhoatee-20&linkId=24d8129faa4611516f3e0316f5add1f9">The Girl Who Ate Everything</url>