Skinny Mac n’ Cheese
This Skinny Mac N’ Cheese is half the calories of your regular macaroni and cheese with all of the creaminess you want from SkinnyMom’s new cookbook Skinny Suppers: 125 Lightened-Up, Healthier Meals for Your Family .
I have spent the last week in New York City with my husband for his MBA program. Believe me when I say that we have left no stone unturned, no calorie untasted. If you follow me on Instagram or snapchat you know that’s true. The sad thing is that I only posted about 1/10 of the things we’ve eaten. But it does make me feel a little better knowing how much we walked everywhere. We did 26,000 steps on Wednesday which is about 13.2 miles.
Before I left town I made this Skinny Mac N’ Cheese from SkinnyMom’s new cookbook Skinny Suppers:125 Lightened-Up, Healthier Meals for Your Family . She has a ton of healthy recipes that your family will actually eat. I’m usually skeptical when it comes to making classic comfort foods lighter but this one totally held its own. My kids said, “Can we have this every night for dinner?”
They ate it all! All of it. It’s only 156 calories per serving so you can feel good about that.
Skinny Mac n' Cheese
This Skinny Mac N' Cheese is half the calories of your regular macaroni and cheese with all of the creaminess you want.
- 1 (12 ounce) box elbow pasta
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can Campbell's Healthy Request condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheddar cheese soup, yogurt, sour cream, salt and pepper and stir to mix well. Fold in the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the cheddar.
- Add the drained pasta to the cheese mixture and stir until the pasta is evenly coated. Transfer the pasta to the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar and the panko crumbs.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the cheese is melted and bubby, about 5 minutes longer. Serve warm. Serving size: 2/3 cup. Calories: 156 per serving
Source: from SkinnyMom's new cookbook Skinny Suppers: 125 Lightened-Up, Healthier Meals for Your Family. Posted with permission from SkinnyMom.