Nutter Butter Referees
Make the right call with this quick treat for March Madness. Nutter Butter Referees cookies are dipped in white chocolate and dressed up as referees.
NUTTER BUTTER REFEREES
March Madness is in still going strong. And I’m still more into the food than the games. Sorry. Not sorry.
When Nabisco asked me to work with them on a upcoming project with different recipes for the big game, I jumped on the opportunity. I love Nutter Butters. Have you ever had a Nutter Butter dipped in white chocolate? Um, hello. I usually favor milk chocolate with my peanut butter but I might have to rethink that.
Most of my ideas come to me while running, but these came to me on the stair stepper.
If you read my blog you know I have issues with cute/artsy food. It rarely tastes good. It usually looks cute but never is really something I want to eat. But with these my kids kept asking who was eating the referees. “I don’t know. Must have been your brother.” Ahem.
They’re so easy. My 3, 5, 7, and 10-year-old made them. Dip them in white chocolate and then decorate with black frosting. They sell tubes of black frosting in most baking aisles. I didn’t know if I should add faces because they started to look a little minion-ish. But my husband convinced me otherwise. The edible eyes can be found at Michael’s, Target, or any craft store.
In all honesty I wasn’t supposed to post them here – they were just for Nabisco’s project. But they were so cute I asked if I could share them on my blog too and they agreed! Aren’t you glad?
OTHER COOKIE RECIPES:
Nutter Butter Referees
- 20 Nutter Butter cookies
- 4 ounces vanilla candy coating, (found at Walmart or craft stores)
- black frosting
- edible candy eyes
- Melt vanilla candy coating according to package instructions.
- Dip the lower half of each Nutter Butter cookie in the coating and place on wax paper to set.
- Once the coating has set, draw 4 black vertical lines down the vanilla candy coating. You can use a Wilton #46 tip or you can use a re-sealable plastic bag with the corner cut off.
- Adhere the candy eyes with frosting and draw a mouth and hair on each of the referees using a Wilton #2 or a re-sealable plastic bag filled with frosting with the corner cut off.
I was compensated by Nabisco for this project but all thoughts and opinions are my own.