These Mozzarella Puffs are biscuits stuffed with cubes of mozzarella cheese, oregano, garlic and brushed with pizza sauce. You could also add some pepperoni inside! These quick and easy rolls could be served as an appetizer or roll with dinner. My husband is headed to London for work soon and it reminded me of the last (and only) time I went to London was with him 8 years ago. While he was working the whole time, the other wives and I toured London and had the time of our lives.
We still made memories like my husband ironing my hair with an actual iron because I blew the fuse on my straightener (what was I thinking?)!
On the very last night we were there, the fire alarm went off at 3AM at the hotel we were all staying in.
As were all standing in the parking lot waiting for the all-clear to go back in I looked around some of his teammates who were clearly not happy about being outed with the current company in their rooms.
I’m talking girls who were missing most of their teeth and some that looked like they were straight up off the corner. Just proof that bad decisions have a tendency to surface their way out.
The food in London…left much to be desired. Bangers and mash? Not for me.
Just give me a carb and some cheese and I’m a happy girl. Just like these Mozzarella Puffs. They’re so simple: biscuit, cheese, oregano, and a little garlic because I have to have garlic in everything.
Each biscuit it topped with a cube of cheese. Trust me, cubes are way easier then shredded cheese here kind of like in these Pizza Rolls. A sharp cheddar would be fabulous inside too. Once you’ve sealed the biscuit around the cheese, brush it with some pizza sauce. You want to brush as much as you can. The only way you can screw these up is by not sealing them enough or stretching the biscuit dough too thin like I did in the one above. Cheesy, cheesy, goodness.
- 1 (7.5 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 ounces block mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray cooking sheet with cooking spray.
- Make an indentation in the center of each biscuit.
- Sprinkle with oregano and garlic salt.
- Cut the mozzarella into 10 cubes. Place a cube in the center of each biscuit.
- Pinch dough tightly around cheese to seal. Seal tightly so the cheese doesn't leak out.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush pizza sauce over the tops of the biscuits.
- Bake at 375 degrees 10-15 minutes.
Feel free to play around with these. You can use different cheeses or herbs. They are also great dipped in your remaining pizza sauce.
Source: adapted from Food.com