These Heavenly Morsels are made up of only 3 ingredients and little pieces of heaven. They have a chewy outside with a soft center with loads of gooey chocolate. Add some mini marshmallows on top and you’ve got Heavenly S’mores.
A couple of days ago my computer was on the fritz. It booted up but then sat at a black screen for hours trying to load Windows. I was in serious panic mode. I like to think that my life is not based on materialistic things, that I could happily live in the woods without technology and be just fine. But when my computer threatened to die, I realized how much of my life I have poured into this thing. Photos, journal entries, work projects, family movies – more of my life than I would like to admit, is on my computer. Yes, it’s been months since I’ve backed it up. I even had a hunch last week that I should back it up and blatantly ignored it. Lesson learned.
After spending a couple of hours with my new friend John from tech support, we were able to restore my computer to an earlier date, minimizing my losses. I haven’t felt so much love for a complete stranger in a long time. I wanted his address so I could send him cookies.
I told my husband he needed to taste these 3 ingredient cookies. He tasted them and said, “Bull butter. There’s no way there are only 3 ingredients in these.”
So when it’s Sunday (cookie making day) and you don’t have any flour, butter, or sugar, you can still make cookies.
There are only 3 ingredients to these fabulous cookies: graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate chips. These cookies originated over at Pebbles and Piggytails!
Mix it all together really well. Get a spatula and make sure you get all of your sweetened condensed milk out of the can. You will need it.
It’s easiest to use a cookie scooper to place your cookies on the baking sheet.
The outside is the perfect chewy texture with the soft, chocolatey mixture.
Let’s see. You’ve got chocolate, graham cracker…what is the natural addition to add here? Marshmallows! Hello Heavenly S’mores. From my baking experience in the past I’ve found that when you fold the marshmallows into the dough, they melt while baking. The solution is to hand place the marshmallows on top after you’ve scooped the dough. Kind of wedge them in there so they don’t fall out.
- 16 whole graham crackers, (about 3 1/4 cups crumbs)
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- For S'mores version:
- mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. This is a must! Otherwise they will stick.
- In a food processor, crush the crumbs into fine crumbs.
- In a large bowl, add the crumbs, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Stir well to combine making sure everything is incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop even tablespoon sized balls onto the parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet.
- For the S'mores version: After scooping the cookies onto the parchment paper, push 2-3 mini marshmallows onto the top of each cookie. Bake and cool according to the directions.