Confetti Bacon Hashbrown Casserole
Confetti Bacon Hashbrown Casserole is a great breakfast for entertaining filled with cheesy hashbrowns, eggs, chiles, green onions, and red bell pepper. Prepare this casserole the day ahead if you want to make breakfast easy.
CONFETTI BACON HASHBROWN CASSEROLE
My husband and I are last second people. We buy our airplane tickets a few weeks before, we study for tests the night before, and we pack our suitcases an hour before we leave.
This year we decided we wanted to be ahead of the Christmas game so we ordered our Christmas cards in November. We usually give our friends that live far away treats so my husband jumped online on Black Friday and got that taken care of.
And guess what? It has totally backfired. The day after Black Friday the company we used for the our Christmas cookies announced Free Shipping for all orders which when you’re sending to 15 people adds up super quickly. The day after that they announced a sale on all orders.
What really made us mad is when our “Christmas Cookies” showed up on our friends doorsteps and were actually leftover dried out Thanksgiving cookies with sugar cookie turkeys and all. So yeah, so far…the being ahead of thing hasn’t worked out for us.
The thing is we do always get a good deal on flights, we usually do well on our tests because it’s fresh in our minds and we don’t own enough clothes to pack far in advance anyway.
We’ll just do us from now on…
HASHBROWN CASSEROLE RECIPE
I’m really excited to share this cheesy Confetti Bacon Hashbrown Casserole. I know that’s quite the name but there are so many breakfast casseroles out there that it needs distinction.
I’m very picky about breakfast casseroles. The egg to potato ration has to be right. We love Martha’s Breakfast Casserole but this one is a little more dressed up and has bacon instead of sausage. It has become a family favorite!
I added a can of chopped green chiles for a little spice but not too much (my kids will still eat this). The cottage cheese completely disappears in this. I say that because I am not a fan of cottage cheese and would never eat this if I saw it hanging out.
The best part about this side dish is that it can totally be made ahead of time which is a major bonus. Look how beautiful those colors are. I’ve already planned this for my Christmas morning breakfast.
HOW TO MAKE THIS HASHBROWN CASSEROLE:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
In a large bowl, add the hash browns, cottage cheese, eggs, cheddar and Swiss cheese, green chiles, 1/2 of the bacon, 1/2 of the red bell pepper, and 1/2 of the green onions (reserve the rest for the top). Stir together well and pour into the prepared casserole dish.
Sprinkle with remaining bacon and bell pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are done. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining green onions. Cut into squares and serve.
OTHER BREAKFAST RECIPES:
- Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes
- French Toast Roll-Ups
- Jelly Roll Pancakes
- Cheesy Baked Eggs
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Martha’s Breakfast Casserole
- Blueberry Croissant Puff
- Fluffy Pancakes
- Banana Muffins
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bake
Confetti Bacon Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups ( 4%) cottage cheese
- 6 eggs, , beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can Old El Paso diced green chiles
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled, (about 12 slices)
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add the hash browns, cottage cheese, eggs, cheddar and Swiss cheese, green chiles, 1/2 of the bacon, 1/2 of the red bell pepper, and 1/2 of the green onions (reserve the rest for the top). Stir together well and pour into the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon and bell pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are done. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining green onions. Cut into squares and serve.