Chocolate Peanut Butter Apples With Coconut and Almonds

Who said you can’t have treats when trying to eat healthy? These Chocolate Peanut Butter Apples with Coconut and Almonds are only 156 calories. Great for an afternoon snack! Chocolate Peanut Butter Apples with Coconut and Almonds - believe it or not this is healthy! Only 156 calories...I’ve lost my fair share of weight over the years. Being pregnant and gaining at least 35 pounds with each child means that I’ve had to lose 175 pounds over the last 10 years. And that’s just pregnancy weight not Hawaii weight, Lake Powell weight, or birthday weight.  You know those girls that you ask how they lost their baby weight and they say, “I just chase around my kids all day and forget to eat.” I’m not one of those girls. The first part might be true but the second part…this girl always finds time to eat. It’s never easy. 400-Calories-or-Less-Cover-590x531For me, it’s calories in…calories out. I know that sounds absurd considering the stuff I post on this blog but I always say that I really do eat healthy 90% of the time and the other 10% I eat very naughty. Our Best Bites just released an entire cookbook with recipes that are 400 calories and less. Sara and Kate have each shared their weight loss stories and they are so inspiring. Although we’ve never met, I feel like we’re friends (as I’m writing this it feels a bit stalkerish on my side). They asked me to share one of their recipes from their new book, 400 Calories and Less with Our Best Bites and it was hard to pick just one. Chocolate Peanut Butter Apples with Coconut and Almonds - believe it or not this is healthy! Only 156 calories...I fell in love with these Chocolate Peanut Butter Apples with Coconut and Almonds because hello?…chocolate….peanut butter. I’m in. My kids went gaga for these. Of course I called them Apple Nachos and who doesn’t like nachos?

5 from 2 votes
Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter Apples With Coconut and Almonds
Servings: 2 servings, 156 calories each
Ingredients
  • 1 medium crisp sweet apple
  • 1 tablespoon chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
  • 1/4 teaspoon coconut or canola oil
  • 1 tablespoon high quality peanut butter or other nut butter
  • 1 tablespoon sweetened coconut flakes
  • 1/2 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
Instructions
  1. Core apple and slice into 1/4 inch slices. Arrange on plate.
  2. Place chocolate and oil in a small bowl and microwave until melted and smooth. In a separate bowl, melt peanut butter 15-20 seconds, until soft and thin enough to drizzle.
  3. Drizzle chocolate and peanut butter over apples. Sprinkle with coconut and almonds.
Recipe Notes
Source: 400 calories and less with Our Best Bites

 

 

Speak Your Mind

*

Comments

  1. These look really good!!

  2. I think “apple nacho” might be the most apt nickname for this treat. Very awesome, will have to try them out.

  3. These look divine!! I sometimes make my kids apple sandwiches, but apple nachos are just a lot more fun!! And as for the baby weight I hear ya girl!! I too gained 35+ pounds with my 6 kids and losing it is just getting a whole lot harder!!!

  4. These apple nachos look to-die for, Christy! I love the peanut butter and coconut combination… so nutty and sweet!

  5. That’s wild! I love the idea. I agree with the nacho idea. These wouldn’t last long in my world.

  6. Apple nachos are such a novel idea. Most kids like apples, but once they’re apple *nachos* they’re twice as appealing. Love the toppings! Just makes them more delicious!