This Chicken Caesar Pasta Casserole is from my cookbook! It’s a light and creamy pasta tossed with Caesar dressing, chicken, and topped with crushed garlic croutons.
I just recently returned from a short trip to Arizona to surprise my mom for her 77th birthday. Even though it’s a 5 hour flight I was kid-free so the flight alone was a little vacation in itself. The weird thing about flying by myself is that people talk to me. I know that sounds strange but when you’re flying with 5 kids, no one talks to you or wants to be anywhere near the hot mess circus we are.
It’s not that I’m anti-social but my alone time is rare. Most days I don’t get to shower or use the restroom alone. So I had my book in my hands and my headphones in my ears which to me say, “Don’t talk to me, I’m busy relaxing.” But apparently to some people it translates as, “Interrupt me and talk to me for 5 hours.”
I can’t complain too much because I’ve met some interesting people over the years. People that I will never forget.
This Chicken Caesar Pasta Casserole is one of the dishes in my cookbook. If you love Caesar salad, you’ll love this. The pasta is tossed in a light creamy dressing and topped with crushed garlic croutons. This is one of those easy go-to meals you’ll love.
- 2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (rotisserie chicken works well here)
- 1 cup creamy Caesar dressing (I like Cardinis or Brianna's)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup green onions
- 1 ½ cups Caesar flavored croutons, coarsely crushed
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 2-quart baking dish. This is smaller than a 9x13 pan which holds 3 quarts.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, chicken, Caesar dressing (you can add as much as ¼ cup more if desired), chicken broth, and green onions.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and top with crushed croutons. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top and bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until croutons are golden brown. Serve with a green salad.
Source: My cookbook