There’s a whole list of things you’re not supposed to do when you’re pregnant. I’m a rule abider so naturally I did all I could for my health and the health of my baby during my last pregnancy.
But I’ll tell you what. My baby wanted blue cheese. She did. She wanted it on a wedge salad and she wanted it on buffalo chicken dip.
And what my baby wants, my baby gets.
So you’re not supposed to eat soft cheeses while you’re pregnant. It’s not like I was smoking a cig while changing cat litter after my sushi dinner.
Last year I made these blue cheese burgers but didn’t even bother to take a picture because I was afraid I would be scolded by you all. And now I’m back. With a picture. Eating it legally.
My husband loves all things blue cheese covered. If I wasn’t making him surf and turf for Father’s Day like I do every year, I would be making him these Blue Cheese Burgers.
This burger is bursting with tangy blue cheese flavor.
|Blue Cheese Burgers|| |
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less depending how you like it)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 hamburger buns
- (optional) toppings: lettuce, tomato, mayo, bacon, avocado slices
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, blue cheese, green onions, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt, and dry mustard. Remember that blue cheese is salty in itself so keep that in mind when adding your salt. Chill mixture for 2 hours. *Note- chilling helps the patties keep their form but I've made them without chilling and they were fine.
- Preheat grill to high heat and form meat mixture into 8 regular sized patties or 6 large patties. Oil the grill and cook the burgers 5 minutes per side or until done. Serve on rolls with desired condiments. Would be great with some bacon or even avocado slices.