The Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes couldn’t be any easier. Each one has a full Oreo as the crust!
Someone needs to send the memo to Florida that fall is officially here. My sons had back-to-back soccer and baseball games on Saturday and I about had heat stroke sitting in the sun chasing around my other kids. But fall baking gets me in the mood no matter what the temperature is. I have an unwritten rule for myself that I don’t start baking pumpkin recipes until October 1st since I tend to burn myself out on them. I’m not really good at that moderation thing. So don’t worry, the pumpkin recipes will be coming soon.
Until then, enjoy these mini Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes. There were perfectly creamy with chunks of Oreos throughout. They only have a few ingredients which I like especially when my boys are helping me in the kitchen. Cheesecakes can be intimidating and involved with water baths and springform pans but these were so easy. I knew it was a sign that I had to make these because I bookmarked them and on the same day my friend Kaela posted them. I cut the recipe in half and took them to my friends house for dessert. I dare you to eat just one!
|Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes|| |
- 42 Oreos, 30 left whole and 12 coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds (32 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275°. Line standard muffin pans with liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each liner.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed using an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar, beating until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving. Best served really cold! You can garnish with fresh whipped cream and crumbled Oreos if desired.