This Peanut Butter “Cheese” Ball is a creamy peanut butter mixture rolled in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Serve with graham crackers or apples for a sure hit!
I wasn’t kidding when I said I’ve been obsessed with peanut butter lately. But I think I’ve finally satisfied my craving. I made this peanut butter cheese ball for a get together last weekend that ended up getting canceled at the last minute. My husband was out of town for an away game so that left me with this peanut butter cheese ball all alone. There was no one home to pull in the reigns or least make my conscience feel a little guilty as I devoured it.
The first time I tasted this was at game night at my friend Jenni’s house. I was training for a marathon and just completed one of my long runs that day so I was feeling like I had earned the right to eat whatever I wanted. So I did. I ate about half of the cheese ball…no joke.
Freeze the peanut butter mixture in saran wrap to make a ball shape. After the ball has set up, roll it in the peanut butter and chocolate morsels.
|Peanut Butter “Cheese Ball”|| |
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter (not all-natural)
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter chips
- Graham cracker sticks, teddy grahams, and/or apple slices for dipping
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until blended.
- Spoon onto a large piece of plastic wrap; bring up all four corners and twist tightly forming into a ball shape.
- Freeze for 1 hour 30 minutes or until firm enough to keep its shape. Place peanut butter and chocolate chips in flat dish. Remove plastic wrap from ball and roll ball into morsels to completely cover, pressing morsels into the ball if necessary.
- Place ball on serving dish; cover and freeze for 2 hours or until almost firm. (Can be made ahead. If frozen overnight, thaw at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.) Serve with graham cracker sticks, teddy grahams, or apple slices for dipping or spreading.