My mother-in-law, Sheri, was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago. Luckily, she caught it early and was able to start treatment right away.
In true Sheri style, she would show up to radiation early in the morning with her hair and makeup done and dressed to impress.
The nurses would say to her, “You know…most people just come in their pajamas. You don’t have to dress up.”
Not Sheri. She was going to kick cancer’s butt and look good doing it.
I’m happy to say she is now cancer free. Woo-hoo!
|Pink Lemonade Pie|| |
- 100 Ritz Crackers, crushed (3-4 sleeves of crackers)
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- ⅔ c. butter, melted
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (6 oz) pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (12 oz) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- red food coloring (I made mine a little more pink)
- For the Crust: Mix cracker crumbs and powdered sugar together until well blended. Add melted butter and stir until mixture is crumbly and sticks together. Press ⅔ of it in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Set the remaining ⅓ of the crumb mixture aside.
- For the Filling: Combine sweetened condensed milk and lemonade, whisk together. Fold in whipped topping and food coloring. Pour into prepared Ritz crust. Spread evenly. Top with crumb mixture. Freeze for a couple of hours.
- When ready to serve, take from the freezer, let sit on the counter for 3-5 minutes or until you can cut pie. Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in freezer immediately.