Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – only a few ingredients and gluten free!
We were invited last minute to a friend’s house for dinner and I didn’t want to show up empty handed so I literally threw these together in under 5 minutes. These are practically like drinking a protein shake since they contain peanut butter but don’t have any flour or butter in them 🙂
I’m big on texture…these were perfectly chewy and melted in my mouth. I love quick treats like this that you can throw together especially during the summer when we always seem to have spontaneous BBQs and my kitchen isn’t always stocked. Enjoy your “protein shakes”.
|5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies|| |
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips. When blended, mix in the chocolate chips. Using your fingers, form 1½ inch balls (dough will be very wet and sticky) and place onto an un-greased parchment lined cookie sheet. You don't want to make them too big because they do spread. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Let the cookies sit on the cookies sheet for about 30 seconds to 1 minute before letting cool on a wire rack. Don't let them cool on the sheet or they will overbake. The key to these is to not cook them too long! Makes around a dozen small cookies.