Orange Creamsicle Cookies – soft cookies with white chocolate chips and orange zest. Taste just like the popsicle from your childhood.Ahhh…spring is here. Do you remember those orange creamsicle popsicles as a kid? Well these taste just like them. Cookies with a hint of orange and creamy vanilla morsels. The center of the cookie just melts in your mouth. Take some time out from doing your taxes and make these instead. Don’t they just scream SPRING!
You’ll need some orange zest for that orange flavor. I also add a little orange extract to the cookies to give them that extra pop of flavor.
These are the softest cookies in the world!
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (for me that was the zest of 2 oranges)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla and orange extract until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and white chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Do not flatten cookies; it will make them dry. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Do not overcook! Cookies will be plump. Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.