|Baked Zucchini “Fries”|| |
- 3 medium zucchini sliced into 3" x ½" sticks
- 1 large egg white
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese (can be found in the spaghetti sauce aisle next to Parmesan cheese)
- cooking spray
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper. In a ziplock bag, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cheese and shake well. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Dip zucchini sticks into eggs then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top. Bake at 425° for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with ½ cup marinara sauce for dipping (.5 pt)
1) Make them a little skinnier than shown here.
2) I had to double my breading because I had 4 zucchini and the breading got too soggy.
3) Best when served warm.