I will admit that when I saw name of these cookies I thought “Whoa, that name sets some high expectations.” Expectations succeeded. My sister-in-law Kristy just came to visit and we finished a huge bag of peanut butter M&Ms pretty much by ourselves in no time at all. Her husband affectionately calls her “The Peanut Butter Princess” so when she posted these cookies on her own blog Boys Ahoy, I knew they would be good. So what makes a peanut butter cookie good to you? To me it has to be soft, packed with peanut butter flavor, and…well that’s about it. And to me peanut butter and chocolate are like mac n’ cheese, bacon and eggs, Lucy and Ethel. One cannot exist without the other. Which is why these have a few chocolate chips in them. It makes sense. It takes them from good to mind blowing.
|The Best Peanut Butter Cookies...confirmed by me|| |
- 1 cup + 2 TBS peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Peanut Butter chips
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips (I added more...I think Reeses Pieces would be good here too)
- ¾ cup Sugar (for rolling dough balls, may need more or less)
- Preheat oven to 350.Line baking sheets with parchment paper.In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter. Once combined beat in the white sugar, and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla.In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gently add to creamed mixture and mix until almost combined. Fold in chocolate and peanut butter chips. Chill dough for at least 15 minutes.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Gently roll the dough balls into sugar and place dough balls on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets for 5-10 minutes until sturdy enough to be transferred to a wire rack to cool completely. *These are delicate cookies but so moist.
- ***chill dough in between baking batches!