This Monterey Chicken is grilled and topped with BBQ sauce, Monterey Jack cheese, and crumbled bacon. This flavor combination is out of this world.
This post has been sponsored by Tyson®Fresh Chicken and I have been compensated. All opinions are my own.
This chicken is marinated in a mixture of honey, soy sauce, and Worcestershire. I use this marinade for all types of meat but thought I would pair it with this chicken since I knew I wanted a salty/sweet combo. The top is covered in BBQ sauce, plenty of Monterey Jack cheese, bacon, and green onions for a color and a mild flavor. This is perfect for serving guests because it’s simple with a flavor party in your mouth.
I found out the hard way that not all chicken is made equal. I once bought a generic package of chicken and not only was the texture weird but so was the taste. Ever since then I’ve become very particular about my chicken. Like very particular.
I use TysonFresh Chicken because it’s the next best thing to being fresh off the farm, because it’s all natural with no added hormones or steroids and arrives at your store fresh, delivered within days from leaving the farm. They’ve been producing chicken raised by family farmers for over 75 years. I’ve been using Tyson Fresh Chicken since I first started cooking. Tyson Fresh Chicken makes it easy for the home cook by hand-trimming each piece for convenience to save time and effort. You can find tons of chicken recipes at PickTysonFresh.com.
Pile on those toppings:
For more inspiring recipes, check out Tyson.com
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 Tyson Fresh Chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- In a large Ziploc bag, add the honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire, and garlic. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bag. Marinate for at least an hour and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat and oil grates well.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Grill chicken 6-8 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Make sure your heat isn’t too high or the marinade will burn.
- Remove chicken from the grill and place on a microwave or oven safe plate. Brush each chicken breast generously with 1-2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on the chicken breasts and top with the crumbled bacon.
- Broil the chicken or heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with sliced green onions and serve.
*Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients. **Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken.