No egg is safe in our house. Whether it’s boiled, scrambled, or frittata-ed (I’m making up words now), eggs last less than a couple of days in our house. The whole family loves them and it’s the coveted snack in the house. I know that may sound weird to those that do NOT have an egg obsession but it’s the truth.
These Mini Frittatas are made in mini muffin tins and can essentially have any of your favorite ingredients thrown in. Ham, sausage, bacon with spinach, parsley, or basil for some fresh pops of color and flavor. You are in charge.
I happened to have some bacon and spinach on hand so that’s what I used here. I like using Parmesan cheese inside the actual frittatas so that the cheese flavor is there but it doesn’t make them too wet inside. On top I sprinkled a little cheddar cheese for flavor and color.
These would be great for brunch with these French Toast Roll-Ups.
|Mini Frittatas|| |
- Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled (you could use diced ham or cooked sausage here too)
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped spinach leaves (you could use 2 Tablespoons of chopped basil or parsley here instead too)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 2 mini muffin tins (each with 12 cups) with nonstick spray. Spray well. You don't want these to stick.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt in a large bowl to blend well. Stir in the bacon, cheese, and spinach. Fill prepared muffin cups almost to the top with the egg mixture. Sprinkle tops with cheddar cheese. Bake until the egg mixture puffs and is just set in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes. The frittatas will be really puffy right out of the oven and will settle once removed from the oven.
- Using a knife, run the edge of the knife around the edge and loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups and slide the frittatas onto a platter. Serve immediately.
If you don’t want to miss out on any recipes make sure you follow The Girl Who Ate Everything on Facebook!