Chocolate covered bacon…yum or ew?
I thought it could go either way. But it’s yum. Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum.
Let’s call it Man Candy. How could salty crisp bacon dipped in gooey milk chocolate not draw the men in? Or anyone for that matter.
My husband thought it tasted like a Heath bar? What???
It’s the perfect little snack for March Madness. Whether your enduring it…or actually enjoying the games…
|Chocolate Covered Bacon…Man Candy|| |
- 16 slices applewood smoked bacon, thick cut
- 12 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces white chocolate or almond bark, chopped
- Cook bacon until crisp. You can either cook it in a pan on the stove until crisp or on a foil lined pan in the oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Place cooked bacon on paper towels to drain and cool. Cut each bacon strip in half.
- Melt your semi-sweet/milk chocolate. You can either melt it in a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval. You can add about a teaspoon of shortening to thin out the chocolate even more if you want a thinner consistency. Whisk until completely smooth.
- Lay the bacon on a fork and dunk the bacon into the semisweet chocolate and make sure it is completely coated. Gently tap the fork against the side of the bowl letting the excess drip off and lay on a parchment or waxed paper lined quarter sheet tray. Repeat with all the bacon slices.
- Melt the white chocolate/almond bark in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Be careful not to heat it too much or it will seize. Drizzle over the chocolate covered bacon. Put the sheet tray in the refrigerator to set, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from the sheet tray to a serving dish and serve.