I’ve lost my mojo. I got pulled over today for speeding. I haven’t gotten a ticket in probably 9 years. I was kind of surprised that I got pulled over because usually the police here are too busy chasing a person that’s going 50 miles over the speed limit or trying to catch the murder suspect in the car up ahead. Yes folks…welcome to Florida.
|Creamy Sausage and Tomato Pasta|| |
- 4-5 Italian sausages (about 1 pound) found in the fresh meat department (see Note)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5-6 big leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 12 ounces penne pasta (get a 16 ounce box and use ¾ of it)
- grated Parmesan for topping
- Cook the pasta in salted water al dente, according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown the sausage. Remove the casings, brown and crumble the sausages like you would ground beef.
- Add the onions and garlic to the sausage and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the entire can of diced tomatoes and the tomato sauce and heat through.
- Pour in the cream and heat through. The longer you cook the sauce the thicker it will get so simmer it until it is the consistency you want.
- Add the fresh basil and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Finally, mix the sausage sauce with the pasta and serve. Top each serving with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Serve with crusty garlic bread.
Source: Wylie Tidwell