These Banana Crumb Muffins are moist banana muffins with a little cinnamon and nutmeg and topped with tons and tons of crumb topping.
These Banana Crumb Muffins are another fabulous recipe to make with your overripe bananas. So easy that I literally had them in the oven in under five minutes. The topping on these is so good you might be tempted to make these all “muffies”.
No mixer needed here. In fact, muffins are better when you mix by hand because you’re more likely not to overmix them which makes for a tough muffin.
As with banana bread or any other muffin, these are almost better the second day because the banana flavor starts soaking in making them extra moist.
I’ve made these Banana Crumb Muffins a million times. This time when I made them I had just put them in the oven for a couple of minutes when I looked over to the egg that was supposed to be in the batter sitting on the counter. Ugh. Good news, they actually were fabulous without. Didn’t even miss it. So if someone you know has an egg allergy just know that these are great without any eggs.
|Banana Crumb Muffins|| |
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed (about 1½ cups)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1½ cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- For the crumb topping: In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, ¼ cup flour and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles wet sand. You can use your hands too to incorporate the mixture. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.