These Cinnamon Roll Blondies are a chewy blondie with brown sugar and cinnamon swirled in and topped with cream cheese frosting. The yummy flavors of a cinnamon roll without the trouble of yeast.My husband was fitted for his first ever custom suit a month ago and just got it back yesterday. He suits in the past have always been really baggy. He’s 6’6″ and 240 lbs so it’s hard to find a suit that fits his athletic body. I know, I know. I have a hard time finding pants short enough for my short legs and wide enough for my breeder hips so I can imagine how terrible it must be to be so athletic that you can’t find clothes that fit your perfect V-shape and long legs. Boo-hoo.
When I saw him in his fitted suit my first thought was that he looked European – super tailored suit on a tall, dark guy. He looked good but extremely uncomfortable. We went back on forth all night over whether looking good was worth being uncomfortable. The fitted look is in, right? Don’t ask me. Fashion isn’t my thing. I have one pile of clothes that I call “mom clothes” for playing with the kids and another pile for date night. Someone help me. Take skinny jeans – I never jumped on the skinny jean wagon. Partly because my body refused to cooperate and partly because I just wasn’t a fan of the look. I was happy to watch that trend come and go. Wait…it’s gone, right?
I can promise that these Cinnamon Roll Blondies will not help you get in your skinny jeans. They start with a buttery blondie base that I use for a lot of desserts, then I added a brown sugar cinnamon swirl, and cream cheese frosting. These were inspired when I was at the grocery store and got a whiff of cinnamon that made me melt in the knees. And you know how much cinnamon anything like these Soft Cinnamon Rolls and this Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake.
Spoon the cinnamon/brown sugar filling over the top and swirl in with a knife. I could hardly wait for them to cool before I lathered them with cream cheese frosting. That’s why my frosting started to get a little soft. No one seemed to mind. The edges were a little chewy with a soft center and with the cream cheese frosting on top…oh my goodness. We were fighting over the crumbs of these.
|Cinnamon Roll Blondies|| |
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line an 8x8 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- For the Blondies: In a large bowl, cream together the melted butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the salt and flour and mix until smooth. Spread mixture in the prepared pan.
- For the Filling: In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Spoon dollops of the mixture over the blondie batter. With a knife, swirl the mixture into the batter.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes or until center isn't jiggly (mine was done at 23 minutes but my oven cooks fast). Cool completely.
- For the frosting: In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Once the ingredients have combined, whip the frosting until fluffy. If your ingredients are softened you shouldn't have to add any milk but you can add a dash if needed.
- Frost the cooled blondies and sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.
If you’re obsessed with cinnamon rolls you’ll also like these: