Last week my kids were sick so we took the mornings a little slower and I made these Bacon and Egg Toast Cups that I’ve had bookmarked from Annie’s Eats for probably a year. These are super easy and great for family or friends that may be visiting. Bacon, eggs, and toast all rolled up in one convenient and cute cup. If you are watching your waistline you could even use multi-grain or wheat bread and turkey bacon.
|Bacon and Egg Toast Cups|| |
- 6 slices of bacon, uncooked or precooked
- 6 slices of bread
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Spray large muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a frying pan, cook bacon about 3-5 minutes, until partially cooked but not completely crispy (if using precooked bacon skip this step). Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Cut out circles (about 3½ inches) in each piece of bread using a cookie cutter or a drinking glass turned upside down.
- Press the bread rounds into the greased muffin wells. Curl a piece of bacon around the periphery of each piece of bread, positioning it between the bread and the muffin tin to help keep it in position. This can be a little tricky until you get the hang of it. Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese in the center of each piece of bread. Crack one egg over each piece of bread being careful not to break the yolks. You may not want to use all of the egg white. If you do you may need to adjust the cooking time to a little longer.
- Once all the bread pieces have been topped with eggs, bake until eggs are cooked through to your liking (about 15 minutes for me) and bacon is crispy. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin well and pop the egg cups out. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
- Healthier Option: Use multigrain bread and turkey bacon for a healthier twist.