My brother Mark and his family have been here visiting. We rarely get visitors out here so we get really excited when we do. My thoughtful mom sent gifts with my brother. She sent stuffed flying monkeys that sent my son hiding in a closet and a 1/2 pound, instead of the usual full pound, of See’s candy because she knows I’m trying to be good (bahaha). I managed to save one piece of candy for John when he came home from work and my son is still hiding in the closet from those %$#&! monkeys. Um…I mean…thanks mom for being so thoughtful.
We had a our own little Halloween party. We drank Swamp Juice, ate Halloweenies, had a donut eating contest, and carved pumpkins while dancing to Thriller. My niece Saige made these cute little witches’ brooms to “BOO” our neighbors made from peanut butter cookie dough, chocolate, and butterscotch.
Check back soon for more last minute Halloween ideas…
Pretzel rods and cookie dough bake up into cute witches' brooms Halloween cookies.
- 1 package peanut butter cookie dough mix or your favorite homemade peanut butter cookie dough
- 10 pretzel rods cut in half
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- butterscotch chips melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cookie dough according to package directions. Dough will be wet.
- Place pretzel rod halves on ungreased cookie sheet. Press ball of dough onto cut end of each pretzel rod. Press dough with fork to resemble "bristles" of broom.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely.
- Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper. Place brooms on waxed paper. Heat shortening and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth; remove from heat. Spoon melted chocolate over brooms, leaving about 1 inch at top of pretzel handle and bottom halves of cookie bristles uncovered.
- Drizzle with melted butterscotch chips or paint bristles with the melted butterscotch like we did above.
- Let stand until chocolate is set. To hurry the process place in the fridge.