Skinny Chicken Parmesan
SKINNY CHICKEN PARMESAN
I love chicken Parmesan because it’s a meal the whole family will eat without complaint. I usually make my SIL Kimi’s Parmesan Chicken which I’ve been making for years which is why my picture is terrible of it because I took it way back in the day.
Although it’s not completely bad for you since it’s baked not fried it does use a lot of butter and could be lightened up a bit. I’ve seen a healthier version of this over at Skinny Taste and have wanted to try this because it’s almost identical to Kimi’s but healthified a bit down to 225 calories per serving.
Gina has tons of awesome healthy recipes so check her out. John didn’t even know I had made any changes to our regular dish. I added some garlic and Italian seasonings and served this with a little whole wheat spaghetti!
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Chicken Parmesan Roll-Ups
- One-Pan Cheesy, Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice
- One-Pan Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet
- One-Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice
- One-Pan Monterey Chicken Pasta
- Baked Parmesan Caesar Chicken
- One-Pot Bacon Broccoli Pasta
- One-Pan Baked Ziti Skillet
- Tomato Basil Chicken Quinoa
- One-Pan Chicken and Spinach Orzo
Skinny Chicken Parmesan
Chicken parmesan doesn't have to break the caloric bank. Get all the great flavor but lightened up in this dish.
- 4 (8 oz) chicken breast halves, sliced in half
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings in a shallow bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
Lightly spray chicken with a little more cooking spray (this makes it crispy) and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, spoon sauce over chicken and top with shredded cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is done. Serve over whole wheat spaghetti or with a salad.
Source: ever so slightly adapted from Skinny Taste