Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes
These Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes are stuffed with Reese’s peanut butter cups and topped with a creamy peanut butter frosting and even more peanut butter cups! These cupcakes are one of my favorite desserts!
REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKES
My best friend has a problem. She can’t say no to people and when she is drowning in tasks she has a twitch where she volunteers to do more.
I’m not trying to be coy and say, “I have a friend…ahem…that has a problem.” Although we ARE eerily alike in that way. My husband will catch us arguing over who is going to watch each other’s kids first and he tells us to go pillow fight it out.
We are both are obsessed with peanut butter and chocolate. In fact her husband parked next to me in carpool today and saw a whole cup full of chocolate wrappers in my car and said we are meant to be friends.
Anyhoo…my friend was throwing a baby shower and I offered to help make some food. I’ve made so many cupcakes in my life I can probably do it with my eyes closed. So she sent me the link to Cincy Shopper for these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes.
I doctored the cake mix a little and tweaked the frosting a little bit. I may have eaten more than my fair share of peanut butter cups in the process but who is counting. Oh my hips. Shoot.
Everyone always assumes I cook everything from scratch. No ma’am. Hello I have five kids and you know, a doctored cake mix with creamy peanut butter frosting really is pretty dang impressive if I do say so myself.
OTHER PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES:
- Homemade Reese’s Bars
- Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Ritz Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Culter’s Frosted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Salted Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Reese's Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 1 (15.25 ounce) chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 32-40 Reese's mini peanut butter cups, , unwrapped
- Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk, (or more as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- For the cupcakes: Combine the cake mix, eggs, sour cream, milk, and vegetable oil in a large bowl until incorporated. Scrape sides of bowl and then beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes.
- Fill cupcake liners halfway full and press one peanut butter cup into the center of each. Depending on your cupcake pan it could make about 16-20 cupcakes. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until done. Cool.
- For the Frosting: In a mixing bowl, cream butter and peanut butter until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk and continue creaming until well blended. Blend on low speed until moistened. Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy adding more milk if needed.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. I used a wilton 2D tip. Garnish with the remaining peanut butter cups chopped.
If you're feeling extra fancy drizzle some melted peanut butter and melted chocolate (chocolate chips melted with 1 tablespoon butter or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil).