Pumpkin Spice Rolls and a Giveaway
These pumpkin spice rolls have the perfect texture and would be great for Thanksgiving. They taste divine with some butter and a drizzle of honey. I used my Fast Easy Bread Kit to cut the rising time in half! You can also make these without it…it will just take a little longer 🙂
Today to win your own Fast Easy Bread Kit just head on over to Fast Easy Bread and become a follower. Once you have done that, leave a comment here with 1) your name 2) your email 3) and tell me that you are now a follower. Because we know you are busy, the contest with run until Thursday, December 1st at noon, EST. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!
Pumpkin Spice Rolls
Pumpkin isn't just for dessert. Give these pumpkin spice dinner rolls a try!
- 4 teaspoons active dry yeast or approximately 2 envelopes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom left this out because I didn't have it
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree or a 15 oz can of pure pumpkin
- egg wash 1 egg lightly beaten with 1 tbsp of water
- Heat milk to between 110 and 115 degrees (feels warm) on the stove or in the microwave and pour into the bowl of your stand mixer; stir in the active dry yeast (or SAF-Instant Premium Yeast from the Fast Easy Bread Kit), and let stand for at least 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, cardamom, brown sugar, and salt, and mix well.
- In a separate large bowl, lightly beat the two eggs, then stir in the melted butter, and the pumpkin puree. After the yeast has been activated, add the wet ingredients directly into the bowl of your stand mixer, and stir to combine. Then add 1/2 of the dry ingredients (flour and spices) from the other large bowl, and stir to mix the dry and wet ingredients together. *At this point add 1 teaspoon Liquid Soy Lecithin if using the FastEastBreadKit). After it is well mixed, add the remaining 1/2 of the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Using the dough hook, allow your machine to knead the dough for you until it is smooth and still somewhat sticky (3-5 minutes). Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, and cover to let rise for approximately 1 hour or double in size (only a half hour with FastEastBreadKit). Lightly grease a jelly roll pan or 9X13 pan and line with parchment paper. To shape, take a piece of dough (about 1/4 cup) and start forming a round, smooth ball by pulling the sides to the center and pinching to seal. Place, pinched side down, on a counter and lightly roll dough into a ball. Space them in the pan so they are just barely touching the sides of one another; they will expand during the second rising time and during baking to completely fill the pan. Makes 18-24 rolls.
- After your dough is shaped, cover it loosely, and let it rise for another 1-1 1/2 hours (cut this in half with FastEasyBreadKit). Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350 degrees . Once your bread is ready to bake, brush the top lightly with the egg wash. Bake bread for approximately 25-30 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with butter and honey.
Source: The Sister's Cafe