Pizza Rolls have pepperoni and mozzarella rolled up in pizza dough and brushed with a garlic butter glaze. Dip them in warm marinara sauce for the full pizza experience. These can be served as an Italian appetizer or as a main course. Whenever I fix these for dinner my family goes crazy.
Sometimes I fix elaborate meals and then we sit down to dinner and I’m reminded of the wise knowledge of “know your audience”. Five children are not impressed with anything fancy.
I could put hot dogs in front of them and I would be mom of the year to them. Chicken Marsala? How about chicken nuggets…that would really win their favor.
But yet I try over and over. I want them to have a refined and adventurous palate. Compared to most kids they definitely do. All I know is when I put these Pizza Rolls on the table, no one is whining. Add a green salad and you’ve got a meal.
These pizza rolls fit the bill perfectly. Remember those stuffed pizza rolls I made…while those are still good…these take even less work. Score for me.
You can use whatever toppings that float your boat. I’ve tried Pepper Jack cheese instead of mozzarella which is a nice kick. Add some sausage, bell peppers, mushrooms, olives…you name it.
CAN I USE STORE BOUGHT DOUGH?
You can make homemade dough or use store bought for this recipe.
CAN I ADD OTHER TOPPINGS?
You can add any toppings you want and make them yours. Peppers, browned sausage, olives, or onions.
OTHER ITALIAN RECIPES
- 14-16 ounces Pizza Dough, I bought fresh dough from the bakery
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- grated Parmesan cheese, (optional)
- marinara sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll pizza dough into a rectangle about 10 X 14 inches. Sprinkle dough with pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Starting with the long end, roll up dough tightly. Slice into 1-inch pieces. Place rolls on lightly greased or parchment baking sheets.
- For the glaze: In a small bowl combine the melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings. Brush over rolls.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until browned on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.