Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
This Peanut Butter Pie recipe has a rich peanut butter flavor with honey roasted nuts and a graham cracker crust. It slices easily for beautiful presentation.
Peanut Butter Pie is always a request from my husband for dessert. It’s that peanut butter flavor you love in your peanut butter pie recipe.
PEANUT BUTTER PIE RECIPE
For some reason Father’s Day always sneaks up on me. The kids are just getting out of school and summer is beginning. It’s really hard to buy anything for my husband because he doesn’t want much and if he does want something he’ll usually research it forever and then buy it.
This year I was determined to make his day special. With a little suggestion from him I found out that he needed a chainsaw and really wanted some coconut peanut butter from North Shore Goodies in Hawaii. It was nice to actually get him something he really wanted because he deserves it.
Don’t worry, I’m not going to get too mushy on you. The thing is though…when you marry someone you have no idea what kind of father they will really be. When their kid breaks their Ipad or flicks ketchup all over their white dress shirt, how will they react? Will they be always hoping naptime is soon or will they say screw naptime, today we are going on an adventure? I got lucky.
For Father’s Day I made him this peanut butter pie. No, I didn’t use the coconut peanut butter from Hawaii because that stuff costs more than my life. You’re going to be tempted to drizzle chocolate on this but to really taste the peanut butter flavor you should leave it off.
I usually use white sugar in my graham cracker crusts but this one had brown sugar in it and I don’t think I will ever go back. It adds more depth and a warm richness that I love. Although we bake the crust in this recipe, if you’re completely determined to not turn on your oven you could chill the crust first instead.
If you love this Peanut Butter Pie Recipe, you’ll love these pie recipes:
Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup 5 1/3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts chopped
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup heavy cream divided
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease 9-inch pie plate.
- For the crust: In a medium bowl, combine the crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Pour crumbs into prepared plate. Using bottom of dry measuring cup, press crumbs into bottom and up sides of plate. Bake until crust is fragrant and beginning to brown, 10-12 minutes, rotating plate halfway through baking. Let crust cool completely and spread 1/3 cup peanuts evenly over bottom of cooled crust. Reserve the remaining peanuts for topping.
- For the Peanut Butter Filling: Using stand mixer fitted with whisk, mix 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, cream cheese, and 3 tablespoons cream on low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium-high and whip until fluffy, about 1 minute. Transfer to large bowl and set aside.
- In now-empty mixer bowl, whip remaining 3/4 cup cream on medium-low speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Increase speed to high and whip until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture until no white streaks remain. Spoon filling into crust and spread into even layer.
- Whipped cream Layer: In the empty mixer bowl, whip cream, 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla on medium-low speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Increase speed to high and whip until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream evenly over filling. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Slice and serve.
Source: slightly adapted from Cook's Country