Keto Biscuits are grain free, gluten free, keto friendly and low carb. Good tasting Keto bread is hard to find but these cheddar biscuits with a garlic butter glaze are delicious! They taste just like the biscuits at Red Lobster.
My hubby is a faithful follower of the Keto diet and I’ve done it as well in the past. For our church potluck this weekend he was determined to make Keto friendly cheesy biscuits since everyone else was bringing cornbread to go with their chili.
My husband had a big plate of these covered in foil on his table so that he could hand them out to his friends also doing Keto at the potluck. These biscuits were so good that non-Keto people were coming up to my husband and saying, “I’ve heard you have the good biscuits!”
If you know the Keto diet well you know it’s hard to make a Keto bread that isn’t soggy or flavorless. These biscuits have a crisp outside with a tender cheesy inside.
I love these Cheddar Bay Biscuits (non-Keto) that I already have on this blog with their garlic butter glaze. These are a twist on those!
WHERE DO I BUY ALMOND FLOUR?
Almond flour is sold by the regular flour and is also sold at Costco.
WHY IS THIS KETO OR LOW-CARB?
Don’t be scared if you aren’t on the Keto diet. The Keto diet is a very low-carb diet which makes this recipe perfect with a net carb of 2 grams. See nutritional information at the bottom of the recipe.
MY BISCUITS ARE FLAT
But they taste great, right? We’ve found that the shape of the biscuits can be affected by the type of cheese you use. We like to use freshly grated cheddar cheese or cheese “off the block” sold at the store for the thicker cheese pieces. Tillamook is the brand we use. We’ve noticed that the biscuits stay in a biscuit shape and don’t flatten when you use this type of cheese. You can always add a little more almond flour to make them not as wet as well.
OTHER KETO RECIPES:
- Keto Egg Roll In a Bowl
- Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cloud Bread
- Bacon Asparagus Frittata Recipe
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- Cinnamon Keto Pork Rinds
- Lasagna in a Bowl
- Egg Drop Soup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese, (sour cream can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink himalayan or sea salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, (see note)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pink himalayan or sea salt
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the biscuits: In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, and butter. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry mixture to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Mixture will be wet. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Drop batter into dollops onto the prepared baking pan, about 3 tablespoons each.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until biscuits turn golden brown.
- For the butter glaze: In a small bowl, add the butter and stir in the garlic powder, parsley, and salt. Brush mixture onto warm biscuits.