Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels are a spicy appetizer that can be served hot or cold (I prefer them hot)! Cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, and jalapeno all rolled up in a little pinwheel. These are always a crowd pleaser.
JALAPENO POPPER PINWHEELS
I know it’s not football season but these Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels have me feeling like I’m smelling fresh cut grass, waiting for the big game to start. What can I say, I’m a weirdo. As if six months of straight football games weren’t enough to fill my canteen, here I am mid-June pining for football. I do love myself all things jalapeno popper.
Remember these Jalapeno Popper Pigs in a Blanket, Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sliders, or these Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers? These Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels rank high up there with those. In fact, since my littles are afraid of all things spicy, I saved these for my husband who can truly appreciate them. He’s in his last week of finals for his Master’s Degree. I’ve hardly seen him this past week but it’s been about 5 minutes of catching up, him asking if any of these Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels are left, and then he goes back to studying. True story. I know he’s the one getting the degree but I kind of feel like I earned an honorable mention or something.
The line-up is pretty simple: jalapenos, cream cheese, bacon, cheddar cheese, a dash of garlic salt all rolled up in a Flatout flatbread. You could use the traditional version but I happened to have the ProteinUp wraps.
You can eat these cold or hot. I prefer them hot because the cheese gets all hot and bubbly – who can argue with that?
Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
These Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels are a spicy appetizer that can be served hot or cold (I prefer them hot)! Cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, and jalapeno all rolled up in a little pinwheel. These are always a crowd pleaser.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapenos , seeded and chopped finely
- 4 strips of bacon , cooked and crumbled
- dash garlic salt (to taste)
- 2 Flatout flatbreads
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, bacon, and garlic salt.
- Divide the mixture in half, spreading each half evenly in a thin layer on each flatbread.
- Roll the flatbread up tightly starting on the long end of the flatbread. Slice into 1/2 inch slices with a serrated knife. You can chill the rolled up flatbreads in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to make slicing easier.
- If serving cold, chill until serving. For hot pinwheels, bake on a greased baking sheet in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. I prefer them hot over cold but they're good either way.
The Girl Who Ate Everything original