Honey Garlic Chicken
Honey Garlic Chicken is an easy healthy chicken dinner that can be made in a slow cooker or instant pot.
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN THIGHS
This time of year everyone is trying to eat healthy and the nonconformist in me wants to do the exact opposite.
The more I think about eating healthy chicken or fish with veggies, the more I just want to go eat a Krispy Kreme. The defiant inner teenager inside me wants to rebel and do exactly what I’m not supposed to.
I also have it in my head that I have to eat ALL of the junk food in my house before I can properly start to eat healthy. As if it’s my duty to eat the whole pound of See’s chocolate that my sisters gave me…ahem…before I can start eating healthy.
I just think of it as taking one for the team so my husband doesn’t have to ruin his healthy eating ways.
This crockpot honey garlic chicken is my compromise to the start of eating healthy. Although the ingredients aren’t entire healthy on their own if you ate them in their entirety, the chicken only cooks in it and then just a little sauce is eaten with it.
I think that chicken in the crockpot tends to be dry and lacking flavor that’s why chicken thighs are perfect for the crockpot.
OTHER SLOW COOKER RECIPES
- Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- Crockpot Italian Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Soup
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- optional fresh basil, shredded, for garnish
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, soy sauce, ketchup and honey. Pour over the chicken and cover.
- Slow Cooker instructions: Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours. Be sure to check the chicken periodically. My chicken was done after 5 hours on low. Remove chicken, place on a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Keep chicken whole or shred with two forks. Transfer the remaining sauce to a saucepan. Stir together the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until dissolved and whisk into the sauce. Bring the sauce to boil and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Instant Pot Instructions: Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Remove chicken, place on a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Keep chicken whole or shred with two forks. Stir together the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until dissolved and whisk into the sauce in the Instant Pot. Change setting to saute. Bring the sauce to boil and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve a little sauce over the chicken and garnish with fresh basil. Serve chicken over rice with some broccoli or green beans on the side.
Do you think these would be good with chicken breasts?
That’s what I plan on using.🙂
Let us know how it turns out! Will you be using crock pot or oven?
Yes, it would work but might need less cooking time.
Love how easy it looks would you have any variation if i were to use a stove?
I’m sure you can simmer it in the sauce until done but I haven’t tried it.
Just wanted to chime in and say my family loves thi dish! Just put it into the slow cooker again today and finally thought to leave you a comment. Simple and hard to mess up; my favorite kind of recipe.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing your feedback Lindsay.
I have to say this is a foolproof and easy, yet delicious recipe! I love it! I’ve made it a few times since you posted, and once for a dinner party, and always get compliments. When making it for just the two of us at home though, I don’t thicken up the sauce as we think a little sauce from the crockpot is still yum, and makes for the leftovers not to harden in their tupperware. I just jumped online to check the measurements again (dont’ ask, I’ve got probs in the kitchen) and am about to try it with frozen veges thrown in!
This chicken was so easy and delicious! I loved that it literally took me 5 minutes to throw it together in the crock pot and back to my Sunday nap I went recently. Definitely added my recipe binder!
This is in my crock pot right now and i am so excited to try it
i made this on Sunday. i didn’t have any soy sauce so i used chicken broth but it was delicious!!
Thanks! You helped me figure out what to make for dinner tonight!
This looks really great! Bookmarked it!
This has been in my crock pot. I cant wait to eat it tonight Thanks for sharing!
Mmmmm…. Krispy Kreme. Do you have a recipe for that? LOL! I know exactly what you mean! 😉
This comment has been removed by the author.
it’s in the crock! thank you!!!!!!
I just found your blog through pinterest! I some how came across the recipe for the COVETED Red Lobster biscuits, I am so excited to make these (Red Lobster is my favorite restaurant!) THANKS so much!
It looks very tasty. I will try to make it tomorrow!
phentermine no prescription
I am just like you. Thank goodness the chocolate covered almonds are gone as well as the remaining shortbread cookies. I did my part —- too well!
Had this for tea tonight. So yummy. Was a huge hit with the family. Thanks for sharing!
Hahaha, I love your honesty at the beginning of this post. I feel the same way – “I’ll start eating healthy as soon as I finish eating all the ice cream in the freezer!” 🙂
Mmm, that does look good! I love Taste and Tell! How’s that new baby girl of your’s doing?
Love this recipe, this looks so delicious! 🙂
Anything with the word crockpot in it is going to be on my agenda this year and the fact this looks so mouth watering is a big time plus!
I have some chicken thighs in the freezer. They are not getting any younger. This looks like a yummy recipe. I even have broccoli I need to use. Thanks for dinner tonight.
Taking one for the team! That’s it completely!
My husband LOVES dark meat and I like to use my crockpot so this is a perfect recipe for our house.
Now, we’ll see how the sweet peas & buddies, do!
I’m so glad you tried it and liked it! It was a surprising favorite for me!
I love crockpot recipes, this one sounds delicious!
Hahaha I binged on all the cookies that remained in my possession before I felt like I could control myself to eat healthier. Even though that wasn’t actually my resolution this year it’s hard to avoid that thought process.
all we seem to eat is chicken, so i love seeing new ideas for what to do with it! looks good!