Green Chile Turkey Tacos
These Green Chile Turkey Tacos are packed with flavor and so easy. Green chilies and olives are added to the meat mixture. Even non-turkey lovers won’t complain about these tasty tacos.
My son turns 10 today which marks 10 years of having babies for me. I think when you do anything for 10 years it makes you sit back and have a moment of “Wow, that’s crazy“. Double digits are a big deal around here and we had a huge football themed party with 16 of my son’s closest friends. I literally have been pregnant or nursing for 10 straight years. I remember after I had him it was the first time I had ever had to lose a significant amount of weight in my life and I had no idea how to do it. It took a long time but I had an epiphany one day. I’m a really straight forward person. I like math because it’s exact and not subject to interpretation. So when I thought of the whole calories in and calories out equation it made sense to me. Not that I hadn’t heard it before but sometimes things that you’ve heard your whole life hit you differently at certain moments and ring true. I thought of my calories as a budget so if I wanted a cookie or treat I could budget that in.
Along my journey, I starting swapping out ground turkey for ground beef as a healthier alternative. I know that lean beef can be just as healthy but lean turkey tasted better to me. It became part of our routine and now my kids don’t blink an eye when we use turkey in our burgers instead of beef. Since today is Taco Tuesday I thought some Green Chile Turkey Tacos were in order.
Start by browning your turkey and onion. After it’s done, add your taco seasoning. Add a little water if needed to get the seasoning incorporated. Green chilies are a great way to add in flavor without a lot of ingredients. Next, stir in your green chilies and olives. One of my favorite ways to prepare tacos is by baking them in the oven. That way all of the tacos are filled at the same time and everyone is eating together and not waiting in line to fill their tacos. Line your tacos in a baking dish. I used an 11×7 pan but you can use any dish you like. I also only used 7 tacos because I was feeding some big eaters and wanted really full tacos. Spoon your meat into the shells. Sprinkle the tops generously with cheese and pop them in the oven until the cheese melts.Look how cheesy and perfect these look. Just waiting to be topped with whatever your heart desires. There you have the easiest and tastiest tacos in about 15 minutes. You can’t beat that!
Green Chile Turkey Tacos
- 1 1 b ground turkey
- 1/2 white onion , chopped finely
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4.5 oz) can Old El Paso™ chopped green chilies
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced olives, drained
- 8 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ soft tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Toppings: shredded cheese , sour cream, cilantro, guacamole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown the turkey and onion until done and no longer pink.
- Add the taco seasoning (and a little water if needed) and stir to combine. Add the green chiles and olives and mix well.
- Place the Stand 'N Stuff™ tortillas in a baking dish and spoon the meat mixture into shells.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the meat. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with toppings and serve.
I was compensated by Old El Paso for this post. All opinions are my own.