Gingerbread Bars are a fast and easy dessert, and the flavor is great for your holiday meal.
OTHER CHRISTMAS RECIPES:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 13×9-inch baking pan with foil. Spray foil with no stick cooking spray. Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and 3/4 cup of the sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well mixed. Stir in molasses and water just until blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup of the icing; refrigerate remaining icing. Spoon dollops (about 1 teaspoon each) of the reserved icing over batter in pan. With knife or spatula, swirl icing through batter to marbleize. *I doubled the frosting so that I had plenty but that's just how I roll!
- Bake 28-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. You don't want to overcook them! Cool in pan 15 minutes. Lift out of pan using foil. Cool completely on wire rack. Invert and peel off foil. Spread refrigerated icing over bars. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator. I like them better room temperature or slightly cold to eat. When you store them in the fridge they get hard and loose all their fluffiness.