Frito Corn Salad
This Frito Corn Salad recipe is filled with corn, peppers, onion, and crushed Fritos. The perfect side dish for BBQs and potlucks that screams splurge and game time! Use Chili Cheese Fritos for some extra spice.
FRITO CORN SALAD
I made this Frito Corn Salad years ago but couldn’t bring myself to post it because I felt like I would get hate mail.
I get angry emails for using a can of condensed soup so making a “salad” out of Fritos – yeah, I didn’t think that would go over to well.
Oh wait. Maybe next week? Umm…nevermind. Maybe this isn’t the site for you. Now that we’ve cleared the air, let’s get to the Frito Corn Salad.
This salad is pretty simple: corn, peppers, onion, and mayo. I used canned corn here but you could definitely used frozen corn thawed or fresh. If you want to add some color use red and green pepper.
It’s very important to not add the crushed Fritos until right before serving because you want them nice and crunchy. Eat this with a spoon or use it as a dip!
OTHER SALAD RECIPES
- Caprese Pesto Pasta Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Crunchy Pea Salad
- Snickers Apple Salad
- Guacamole Tossed Salad
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Pizza Pasta Salad
Frito Corn Salad
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced finely
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag coarsely crushed regular Fritos corn chips or Fritos chili cheese corn chips
- Fritos Scoops for serving
- Mix first 5 ingredients and chill. Stir in corn chips just before serving. You may not want to add all of the corn chips. Add a little at a time. Some people prefer to just serve the Fritos on the side or crumbled on top. You can eat this with a spoon or as a dip with Fritos Scoops for serving.