I would much rather be underestimated than overestimated. It’s all about expectations. If you walk into Chuck-A-Rama for dinner your expectations are low. You might have a great meal…or you might have a hair baked into your roll. Yes, I’m still traumatized.
This dessert is definitely initially underestimated. When you think pecan shortbread with a cream cheese layer, then a pudding layer, then whipped cream…hmmm…sounds okay, nothing spectacular. But then every time I have had this I take a little square for myself and when I go back to get more…NOTHING LEFT! I seriously could eat the whole pan. The crust is the best part.
OTHER NAMES THIS IS CALLED
- Chocolate Lush
- Four Layer Yummy
- Chocolate Delight
This dessert can be adapted to all kinds of flavors. In fact, this Lemon Lush is a great summer version using lemon curd.
OTHER CHOCOLATE DESSERTS
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Homemade Reese’s Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- See’s Fudge
- Culter’s Frosted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Crackers
- Molten Lava Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Ritz Bars
- No-Bake Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 of an 8 oz container of Cool Whip, thawed or use 1/2 a batch of homemade whipped cream
3rd Layer: 1 large box (5.9 oz instant chocolate pudding (you can substitute banana, pistachio, coconut, or butterscotch))
- Remaining half container of Cool Whip or fresh whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the 1st Layer: Combine flour, pecans, and butter and press evenly into a 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- For the 2nd Layer: Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over pecan shortbread crust and store in the fridge while you make the next layer.
- For the 3rd Layer: Make pudding according to package directions. Pour over cream cheese layer.
- For the 4th Layer: Spread remaining half of Cool Whip or fresh whipped cream over the pudding layer. Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired. Store in fridge.