Soft and Fluffy Sugar Cookies
We love making these soft and fluffy Sugar Cookies for Valentine’s Day and Christmas.
Over Christmas last year I made over 100 sugar cookies for both preschool and our church party.
I remember thinking if I don’t see another sugar cookie for another year it will be fine with me.
If you love Soft and Fluffy Sugar Cookies, you’ll love these cookie recipes:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butterv
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla (I like almond)
- 6 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sour cream, sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla/almond extract. Beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well. Dough will still be wet and sticky. Let the dough chill in fridge for 25 minutes or until firm. Note: I trick I started doing is placing some of the dough in between two sheets of parchment or wax paper and rolling it out to the desired thickness. Put the sheets in the fridge until firm then when ready start cutting into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Roll it out to about 1/4 inch thick and use cookie cutters to make shapes or circles. You may have to add a little flour to roll them out so the dough is workable but remember the less flour you use the softer your cookie will be.
- Bake until LIGHT golden brown about 8-10 minutes. When you take them out they will seem underdone but they aren't. Let them cool on the pan and they will be perfect and moist. It you like them harder and more crunchy just bake them a little longer.
- For the Buttercream Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Add sugar and continue creaming until well blended. Add salt, vanilla, and whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened. Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.
Source: my friend Allison Tolbert