Fiesta Chicken Pasta Bake
FIESTA CHICKEN PASTA BAKE
I’ve been without a dishwasher for almost a week now and am still looking at a couple of days longer until the part comes in. You don’t realize how much you appreciate something until it’s gone.
There are definitely two types of people:
1) Those who wash the dishes so well before putting them in the dishwasher, that the dishwasher is merely a formality to the cleanliness.
2) Those who barely splash some water on the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, cross their fingers, and pray for a miracle.
I’m the latter.
So when my dishwasher breaks, I’m in food-crusted purgatory.
My husband said, “First world problems babe. First world problems.” And then tells me it’s all about your mindset and that he would gladly wash all of the dishes for the next week (he’s a saint). When he served a two-year mission no one had dishwashers. It was considered a luxury.
So here we are. This is almost a one-pot meal. If you got creative you could boil your pasta, drain it, use the same pot to mix everything and then bake it in the same…pot? Okay, this is definitely at least two pot meal but easy nonetheless.
Start by mixing your chunky salsa, sour cream, and Old El Paso taco seasoning together. I used mild salsa because my kids were eating. Toss in your cooked pasta.
Any shape will do but I like fusilli because the sauce really sticks to it. Add your corn, black beans, and chicken. Toss half of the cheese in the pasta and sprinkle the other half on top.
I’m telling you, my 3-year-old kept shoving her bowl in my face and asking for more.
OTHER MEXICAN RECIPES
- Tater Taco Casserole
- One-Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice
- One-Pan Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Salsa Verde Enchiladas
- Creamy Shrimp Enchiladas
- Mexican Stuffed Shells
- Taco Pizza
- Fiesta Chicken Pasta Bake
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- Taco Grilled Cheese
Fiesta Chicken Pasta Bake
This Fiesta Chicken Pasta Bake is creamy, spicy, and cheesy. Your family will love this easy Mexican dinner. I'm always looking for an easy weeknight dinner and this Fiesta Chicken Pasta Bake is so easy!
- 8 ounces fusili pasta , uncooked (can also use any other pasta shape)
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works well here)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese , divided (or use all cheddar)
- (optional) cilantro or sliced green onions for garnish
Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Will yield about 4 cups cooked pasta. Drain and cool.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl stir together the salsa, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Add the cooked pasta and stir to coat.
Add the corn, black beans, chicken, and 1 cup of the cheese. Toss to combine and pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Take off foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Garnish with cilantro or green onions if desired.